It’s been a long while since I’ve updated the gear page. Here’s what I’m using on the road these days:
- Breedlove Limited Edition Ed Gerhard Signature Model Dreadnought. Figured Sapele/Adirondack
- Breedlove Revival Series dreadnought. Figured Sapele/Adirondack
- Breedlove Hawaiian (Weissenborn style) made from figured Myrtlewood.
- In both six string guitars I use a Fishman Matrix undersaddle transducer combined with a Joe Mills mini condenser mic inside the guitar.
- For the Weissenborn I use a Fishman Neo D Humbucker.
- The six string gets plugged in to a Grace Design Felix, which is a “blender” style preamp. I’ve tried pretty much every other blender on the market and Felix beats them all. It’s a super high quality piece of real audio gear, not a chintzy guitar toy.
- The Weissenborn gets plugged into a Fishman Platinum Pro EQ DI. I still use the same one I’ve traveled with for many, many years and it’s never let me down. Fishman has updated this box and it’s equally fantastic.
- On stage the guitars rest in guitar stands made by D&A. They’re small, light, secure and durable. Love em.
- I use and endorse D’Addario strings. I’ve not found another brand of strings that suits me like D’Addario.
- On the road the six string gets a phosphor bronze J24 set (the Signature Dread usually gets a .014 for the high E.)
- The Weissenborn gets a “custom” set. I start with a phosphor bronze J17 set and replace the low E, B and high E with .59, .018 and .015 respectively.
- I’m using both the G7th and the Planet Waves NS capo. Both are excellent capos.
- For the six string I’m using a large Dunlop glass slide.
- For Weissenborn it’s a Shubb/Pearse SP-2.
- All guitars travel in Calton cases.